Things to see in Temù
Church of San Bartolomeo
The church of San Bartolomeo Apostolo is a seventeenth-century construction with a single nave and a bell tower in exposed granite blocks. At the center of the facade there are three large mosaics created in 1978 by Don Mino Trombini, depicting San Bartolomeo, San Alessandro and San Antonio Abate.
Inside there is a large organ built in 1884 by Carlo Bossi of Bergamo and restored in 1925 by Armando Meccarinelli of Brescia.
The church’s richness lies in its collection of wooden pieces: the high altar with altarpiece, tabernacle and altar frontal by Giovan Battista Zotti and the rosary altar from the Ramus workshop with the altar frontal depicting the Nativity using local people as models for the shepherds.
The Last Supper scene is also noteworthy with some original statues and some that have been replaced over the years.
The bell apparatus opens on four sides with mullioned windows made of columns and arches in light-colored marble.
Museum of the White War in Adamello
The museum collects documents, photographs, weapons, gear and other objects belonging to the Italian and Austro-Hungarian soldiers who lived and fought on the high- and medium-altitude front which extended from Passo dello Stelvio, through the mountain ranges of Ortles-Cevedale and Adamello-Presanella, to the Alto Garda Bresciano.
Church of San Alessandro
The small church sits on the street that runs from Vione to Lecanù (hamlet of Temù), in an isolated spot. The building has a very simple sloping roof, and the facade opens in a linear portal with a marble architrave topped by a small fanlight window. The fourteenth-century bell tower, with square base and squat shape, rises from the north side of the church. Unfortunately, the church deteriorated gradually until the 1930s of the last century, when the first restructuring began.
Worthy of note is the thirteenth-century bell tower with its mullions and windows.